SAN FRANCISCO — June 4, 2019 — Today, Ubisoft announced that Torment of Hades, the second episode of the post-launch story arc of Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey The Fate of Atlantis, is now available on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X and Windows PC.
Torment of Hades transports players to the Underworld, a vast world of endless gloom filled with wandering dead, ruled by the sharp and cunning Hades. As the story unfolds, players will come face-to-face with the ghosts of their past and continue their journey in mastering the Staff of Hermes. In order to escape the afterlife, players will have to help the dead find their rightful resting place and settle the debt that Hades demands.
Each of the episodes of The Fate of Atlantis will introduce new ability enhancements related to the different branches of the skill tree – Hunter, Warrior and Assassin. In this second episode, players will discover three new ability enhancements, including:
- Kronos Time Shift is part of the Warrior branch of the skill tree, and will launch players into the air while temporarily blinding surrounding enemies. While you are in the air, time stops for a moment, letting you use abilities from above or in a chain with Leap of Faith’s ground smash. When you shoot in the air, the damage will also automatically crit targets.
- Ares Last Breath is also part of the Warrior branch of the skill tree. This healing ability will grant immunity to enemy attacks, restore 5% of damage dealt as Health and automatically parry enemy melee hits.
- Artemis Trickery is part of the Hunter branch of the skill tree, and will transform players’ arrows into deadly traps that detonate and deal damage to enemies that come in close proximity. Any type of arrow can be used and will offer a different type of effect on detonation.
In order to play Torment of Hades, players will have two different options:
- Following the main game, players will have to complete the questline Between Two Worlds, the mythological main game story arc, and the Lost Tales of Greece questline Heir of Memories that is available after completing the former questline. Finally, they must have reached character level 28 or above.
- Players who do not fulfill all the above conditions will be able to use a shortcut created specifically for them. Thanks to this shortcut, players will enter Greece level 52 with preset abilities and resources, enabling them to start their adventure into the afterlife with Heir of Memories. They will also have the opportunity to choose their hero. However, contrary to the previous option, player progression using the shortcut will not carry over to the main game save, and they will not be able to obtain achievements.
The Assassin’s Creed Odyssey post-launch plan is the biggest and most ambitious in the franchise, and season pass owners will be able to access two major episodic storylines, Legacy of the First Blade and The Fate of Atlantis. Players can dive into new episodes as they premiere or experience the epic adventures in their entirety once all episodes are available. The season pass also includes Assassin’s Creed® III Remastered and Assassin’s Creed® III Liberation Remastered, which released for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X and Windows PC on March 29, 2019.
The Fate of Atlantis can be purchased as part of the Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey Season Pass for $39.99 or as part of The Fate of Atlantis story arc for $24.99 and will be downloadable for players who already own the Season Pass or Gold Edition starting today.
For more information on Assassin’s Creed, please visit assassinscreed.com.
For the latest on Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and other Ubisoft games, visit https://news.ubisoft.com.