How goes it!? I’m going to go over the latest expansions and game packs that EA has recently brought to us, their gameplay features, and hopes for the new games that have not yet graced us with their presence.
The Sims 4: Seasons
- The title speaks for itself but we FINALLY got seasons for Sims 4! What I enjoy most about this expansion is our new event calendar that tells us when birthdays, holidays, and other special events are coming up for our Sims and it’s also customizable. With each holiday and event our sims receive holiday specific tasks they can perform to get into the spirit of things! They can even ask Father Winter for gifts when he comes down the chimney. Along with this expansion we received a nice bundle of new clothing, accessory and hair items too.
- Patchy the Straw Man is unique addition to the game. If the name doesn’t give it away, Patchy is scarecrow that can be placed in your garden and even comes with interactions. You can ask him for garden tips which gives your sim a large boost and you can even be romantically involved with him (if you’re into that sort of thing with scare crows).
- Beekeeping and honey collecting is a neat feature but be careful and wear your beekeeping suit! Once you collect honey from your bees you can use it to make new recipes like the honey cake.
- Your sim can now build a floral arrangement skill with the floral arrangement table while working in a Gardening career Path. Once you reach level 5 you will be asked to choose between a Botanist path or a Floral Designer. This path also allows your sim to work from home if you aren’t a fan of sending the tots to daycare.
- Scouting is a new after school activity for children and teens that will have lifelong benefits and works best if you have the Parenthood game pack.
- I won’t give everything away but if you’re a Sims 4 fan, this game is worth your while!
The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs
- Now this is an expansion that fans of the franchise were waiting for because who doesn’t want their sims to have furry companions? With Cats and Dogs you can customize your pet in create-a-pet or adopt one using your cell phone during the game. You can also visit parks and community locations in the new Brindleton Bay neighborhood and befriend a stray eventually giving you the option to adopt.
- You can be a veterinarian! This feature coincides with the Get to Work expansion. You can buy or build your own veterinarian clinic and take your sim to work to actually interact with them. It’s a lot of fun!
- Obviously this pack features a lot of new content for your sims and/or their vet clinic, including a new medicine crafting table and vending machine for sims to buy wellness treats for their pets.
- If you have a high cooking skill, you can make your pet special gourmet dishes just for them.
- Your pets will be in love or terrified of different objects. I have a dog that is petrified of the TV but a cat who is in love with it and frequently meows little hearts at the TV.